The SMT800 is the genesis of all the SMT8xx range.
It's built from the ground up as a Stand Alone, High Power FPGA design testbed and development tool.
The Virtex-5 FXT FPGA from Xilinx is available in two sizes (FX70T & FX100T) and two speeds (1 & 3).
The FPGA has direct access to 1GBytes of DDR2 SDRAM per bank.
The addition of a Xilinx configuration PROM enables the module to be used 'Stand-Alone'
The FPGA is connected to four RSL connectors for high speed data transfer (up to 3.2GB/s), and the 3x 20-way SLB connector which has 36 pairs of Low Voltage Differential Signals that can be interfaced over a long distance to some external control equipment, or act as an interface to an SLB mezzanine module.
This is coupled via comports to small form factor carrier card, complete with a Xilinx Spartan-3 FPGA, USB, RS232, a MicroSD socket and all the power supplies required for to enable the SMT800 to be powered from the included 12V DC power supply.
- Virtex-5 FXT FPGA (XC5VFX70T or XC5VFX100T)
- DDR2 SDRAM (1GByte per bank)
- RSL Connections (high speed data transfer - up to 3.2GB/s)
- 3x 20-way SLB connector (36 pairs of Low Voltage Differential Signals)
- USB for Flash programming an host communication
- 4x RS232
- MicroSD socket
- Small form factor Stand Alone operation
- 12v DC power supply
|FPGA Size and Speed:
For more information, or to request a user guide, please Contact Us.